SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#145788 - 08/02/02 01:19 PM Help - Solton MS50 "no keyboard avaliable" error ....
gilwe Offline

Hello !

I got a used Solton MS50 keyboard that looks like it had a very hard work till I got it,
anyway, when I power it up it gives me a
"Error: No keyboard avaliable". Than it boot up and the keyboard doesn't respond. Sometimes it doesn't show anything on the LCD display and sometime boots just fine.

I opened it up and checked that all plug are inserted correctly, moved the chips on the PCB to assure there's no bad contact but it didn't help.

I will be thankful for your advice.

#145789 - 08/02/02 05:14 PM Re: Help - Solton MS50 "no keyboard avaliable" error ....
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
I feel with you.
Ofcourse it will boot fine when you bring it for service and then when you get home it won't...
It looks like some of the parts is at the end of it's worjing days, so somewhere in the future it won't boot at all..

I think the best place to get some info on it for simular behaviour, is the Solton club.
I placed the link below, just in case you don't have it.
There are a lot of very helpfull people on this list, so probably they have an answer.
http://www.angelfire.com/ms/synthmuzic/

good luck,
Fred

#145790 - 08/04/02 01:43 PM Re: Help - Solton MS50 "no keyboard avaliable" error ....
Roel Offline

Gilwe,

Solton has a workshop in Germany and I wrote them an email, asking for help. I do hope they are willing to give some help that can bring the solution for your MS50.

--------------------------------------
The email :

Sehr geehrter Herr,

Ich bin seit langer Zeit 'member' vom Arranger Keyboard Forum von Synthzone.
Ein Freund hat Probleme met seinem MS50 :

Beim einschalten erscheint mehrmals die Meldung : "no keyboard availlable".
Er hat bereits das Geraet geoefnet und Verbindungen met Konnektoren kontrolliert.

Es kann auch passieren dass einschalten problemlos geht ohne Errors.

Er waere super wenn Sie 'online' (mit email) vieleicht Anweisungen oder Tips geben koennen damit das Problem geloesst werden kann.

Ich habe keine Ahnung wo Gilwe wohnt....... er kennt bestimmt kein Deutsch........ und ich nur wenig.
Um als Dollmetscher auf zu treten ist kein Problem fuer mich.

Freundlich abwartend,

Roel de Jonge
Die Niederlanden

#145791 - 08/05/02 05:46 AM Re: Help - Solton MS50 "no keyboard avaliable" error ....
gilwe Offline

Thanks Roel !! appreciated very much !

Let's see if it will help ....

#145792 - 08/24/02 04:34 AM Re: Help - Solton MS50 "no keyboard avaliable" error ....
gilwe Offline

So... are there any news ?

#145793 - 08/24/02 07:17 AM Re: Help - Solton MS50 "no keyboard avaliable" error ....
Roel Offline

I'm sorry to tell you, but NOT A SINGLE reply !!
I already did a 2nd "send-email" ..... but this is very disappointing.

Now I'll write to SOLTON head-office and put a customer-complain about this sad result.

Let's wait.

Roel

#145794 - 08/24/02 11:19 AM Re: Help - Solton MS50 "no keyboard avaliable" error ....
gilwe Offline

Thanks for the help !

appreciated.

#145795 - 08/26/02 06:21 AM Re: Help - Solton MS50 "no keyboard avaliable" error ....
Roel Offline

Gilwe,
I got several (!) replies. One o them is written by an engineer. He expects an IC (Integrated Circuit) to cause this problem. The IC, Ketron M01, must be taken out its socket, clean the contacts and re-insert it again. You probably better ask an electronic-engineer to fix this job for you ?

I got this instructions from info@ketron-musixx.de (since 1-1-02 the official distributor for Germany)

Tonight I will forward you the original mails.

Roel

#145796 - 08/27/02 06:55 PM Re: Help - Solton MS50 "no keyboard avaliable" error ....
gilwe Offline

Roel, as I wrote you in the email, I did it as well to take all other ICs and clean their contacts, and it didn't help...

Can you send me the other emails you got from them please ? no need to translate I use a translation software for that...

Thanks

#145797 - 08/28/02 08:05 AM Re: Help - Solton MS50 "no keyboard avaliable" error ....
Roel Offline

Gil,
The other mails came from the former Solton distributor, telling me over and over again they stopped being distibutor 1-1-2002. You should directly contact www.musixx.de as they wrote in the reply. (Just give it a call..... the phone number is in the mail is'nt it ?)

It looks there is a electronic-problem, not a mechanical problem as contacts ?

Roel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online